CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

wedding preparations

sorry I haven't figured how to put things behind a cut on here yet!

If you've seen the move Fool's Rush In (a favorite of both of ours), we are trying to recreate the poles that they used for the wedding at the end of the movie. In our own fashion of course! We are also making miniature ones to go around the cake. 4 for the wedding, 6 for the cake. And when I say "we", I mean Bruce. I help (a little) but mostly in a consulting fashion and with little things. He's the brains of this part of the operation.


early stages of the miniatures. I wish I had taken pictures of when these were all just pieces of wood!

in various stages of completion. There is a beer bottle behind them for scale, but it's hard to see

finished!

bucket of autumn

practicing the bigger version...the poles still have to be painted, etc...

Bruce, working on the stands for the big ones


invitations

Bruce saved my butt. He came home from work at almost midnight and found me all emotional and exhausted putting these things together, and sat down and helped me until we were finished.

that's all for now....

off to clean my house, maybe....

0 comments: