CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

music

I've seen two videos this week that have stopped me in my tracks.

The first one was coming to the end of my walk/jog/run (the cardio equipment at my gym has t.v.s, thank you Jesus, I switch between CMT and VH1 to keep myself going). Now, I'm not a big Daughtry fan, but I think he's alright. I had not seen this song, but I'd heard it on the radio. To be honest, I just did not have the energy to change the channel so I watched. Not only did it energize me to finish, but it got me thinking about the rest of my life, our (as in me and Bruce) lives. I thought about Deb and Hanna and Troy and Jeney and Troy. I thought about a lot of things. I appreciated that he spent as much time on our Country as other countries and that he spoke to the heart, and healing from within. I just really loved it. Maybe I read too much into things, but really, how much do we heal ourselves when we reach out to others?

The embedding has been disabled for this video (What about Now), but if you haven't seen it, and read the words that go across the screen during the song... I HIGHLY encourage you go to you tube and watch it. The full video is included there


The other one is this Kid Rock Video, Warrior. Now, I know he's controversial, but I love him. He doesn't pretend to be anything that he isn't. There are several other good songs that deal with the same issues, this was just so powerful. We saw this video at the movies yesterday, it gave me goosebumps and made me cry. I don't think this is the full version, but you can watch it at the National Guard website.





0 comments: