CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

laughter

Bruce and I went to see a couple of movies this weekend. They weren't great movies, but they had some laugh out loud moments in them. The second movie, we went with his ex-in-laws and fellow mason brother (?)(i guess that's what they are called) Anyway. If you know me in the flesh, you've heard me laugh. When something tickles me, I just laugh right out loud. Secretly, I've always loved this part of myself, but outwardly I'm always apologizing for my "obnoxious" laugh or for being too boisterous or unladylike. But this weekend, I decided to stop apologizing and embrace this side of myself. To outwardly appreciate my joy of all things silly and laughable. Life is full of enough things to make me somber and to make me cry. When something makes me joyful, I will laugh, right out loud without apologizing or covering my face any more.

2 comments:

liesel said...

So what movie was it that made you laugh so hard?

Robin said...

Honestly, I think it was Get Smart, and it was just the absurdity of it... not that it was great.